The Lion & Me

I met a Lion once A King with his crown He judged me a dunce He made me a clown With his big Sphinx’s eyes That look crossed my heart Like a sword cold as ice He, almighty and imponent Me, miserable and impotent Was bewitched In my chest placed a flame Oh silly Lion, I was so mad Who would I blame? In our second meeting There was a friendly greeting When our eyes first met The heart and brain made a bet He looks frightened He looks sweet The heart chanced He looks frightful And you will bleed The brain glanced Hereafter, playful as a child The lion came, inchmeal The flame danced very wild Euphoric making swirls Warm the heart smiled The Brain confused, whirled. Blushing, this big Lion came Slowly and shy, we snuggled Misunderstood by his fame His heart too struggled When he calls my name As we walk together I know it is forever In the end there was no fight The brain happily lost the bet The heart was always right From the beggining we met The Lion & Me